Saturday, December 01, 2018

Strathmere Improvement Association - Christmas Party; Call the Gas Co, SVFC responds to Tragic Fire in Sea Isle City

November 30, 2018

Time is running short for RSVPs for the Party-Santa doesn't want to run out of gifts for your little one! You may pay at the door, but,we can't guarantee your child will receive a gift from Santa if we don't hear from you asap!

Christmas party 2018_1.jpg

Gas Pipeline Update!

Strathmere homeowners need to call the Gas Co to schedule in home connection service. Gas will be temporarily shut off to your home and then a company representative will need to come INSIDE to relight pilots and to do a safety check. Call: 609 363-9600, extension 404. Please share with your STM neighbors!
Ted Kingston shared this shot of gasline work.

Tragic Fire in Sea Isle City
Fire broke out yesterday morning and spread to three duplexes @54th and Landis. Two people were taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation and as of this writing, an elderly woman has been classified as "missing." Strathmere Volunteer Fire Company sent a truck and crew, as did surrounding towns. The wind, though not as bad as on Wednesday, was still very strong. Heroic work by first responders and a nearby roofer in getting folks outside and containing the fire as it quickly spread to three homes. Here's a link to today's story:

 Philadelphia TV stations were also onsite and a lot of coverage can be viewed if you google "Sea Isle Fire."

No comments: