Friday, March 04, 2011

Schiavo Library: March 2011 Newsletter

March Events:

Movie Matinees: March means “Musicals” - Thursday afternoons at 1:00pm
  • March 3: Nunsense
  • March 10: Fiddler on the Roof
  • March 17: Hair
  • March 24: Hello, Dolly!
  • March 31: CATS


Food Bank Collection:

Thank you for your food donations. We will wrap up our food collections this month and deliver everything to the local food bank.


Love Your Library Winners:

The winner of our raffle is Jim March.

The two winning entries for our “I love my library because…” contest:
• I love the Schiavo Library because we have the most amazing books, beautiful library, and amazingly helpful and loving librarians! Alice Froyo

• I love my library because Strathmere needed a good home for all of its "Lonely Hearts" books, magazines, videos, etc. to be stored for visitors to come and share in the joy of exchanging these wonderful resources! It was hard to imagine Strathmere with a library before ours came along...such a tiny little town! Where will we put it?! And now, it's impossible to imagine it without one! I make it a point to visit every summer while I am in town. Kami Griffin

Great job! Winners: stop into the library anytime and pick up your “library goodies” prize packages.



Coming just in time for spring – something new in our front display case!!! Look for it soon!



Library Director’s Note:

Thanks to Jessica and Marion, everything ran smoothly here at the library while I was away.

While on vacation in Florida, my husband and I stopped in the local library as we often do when we travel. Sometimes the libraries we visit are quaint, but this time the library was just large and impersonal. I hope when people vacation in Strathmere, they stop in our library and think “Wow, what a charming and friendly place.”

See you soon!
Christine Rohrman, Library Director
http://www.strathmerelibrary.org/




No comments: